Toulouse Summer School in Quantitative Social Sciences
Applications close on March 31, 2020
- Week 1 (May 25 - May 30). Economic and political institutions. Instructors: M. Becher, M. Saleh, and P. Seabright.
- Week 2 (June 1 - June 6). The evolution of human sociality. Instructors: I. Alger and J. Stieglitz.
- Week 3 (June 8 - June 12). Individuals in society: theory and experiments. Instructors: D.L. Chen, R. Dessi, and A. Hopfensitz.
Students will also have the opportunity to attend the following two conferences:
- The History Workshop: Big Data in Economic History (May 28 - May 29).
- The 8th Toulouse Economics and Biology Workshop. Fertility: Causes and Consequences (June 2 - June 3).
The summer school is open to PhD students in economics and other disciplines. Applicants should provide a CV, a copy of their most advanced degree, a proof of student status, a short cover letter, and (optionally) a letter of recommendation.
Fees: 275 euros for the whole program. These fees do not cover accommodation and transportation.
Waiver: we encourage PhD students in other disciplines than economics to apply. These students will have their fees waived, and ther accommodation (in university housing) and transportation covered.
Applications close on March 31, 2020, but earlier applications are encouraged and may be given priority in the case of excess demand.
More information, including the online application form, can be found at