The Centre for the History of Retailing and Distribution (CHORD) invites submissions for a workshop that explores the history of retailing and distribution in a rural context, to be held on May 13, 2015, at the University of Wolverhampton. Papers focusing on any historical period or geographical area are welcome. Some of the themes that might be considered include:
- The village shop
- Rural networks of supply
- Marketing and selling ‘the countryside’
- Rural commodities, services and industries
- Transport, networks and consumer information
- The rural consumer
- Markets, fairs and peddlers
- Representations of rural retail.
- Retailing, distribution and agriculture
For further information, please e-mail: Laura Ugolini at firstname.lastname@example.org or Karin Dannehl at email@example.com.