The Estée Lauder Companies Corporate Archives promotes and preserves the corporate culture and the unique heritage of the company.
The Manager of Archival Processing is responsible for overseeing the acquisition, accessioning, processing, and preserving of physical and digital archival material. This will include managing the Archives extensive collection of audiovisual material and assisting in the development of a digital archives program. In collaboration with colleagues, the Manager of Archival Processing will develop standards-based systems, methods, and tools for cataloging and physically storing archival material for efficient access and preservation. The Manager of Archival Processing will organize exhibitions and presentations, and respond to reference requests.
- Oversee the processing of the corporate records of the Estée Lauder Companies and records from brands including audiovisual and born-digital material.
- Oversee the accessioning of new transfers of archival material to the Archives.
- Develop and execute processing and digitization projects, including creating project plans, establishing and maintaining timelines, and evaluating outcomes.
- In consultation with the Director and IT, implement born-digital archival workflows.
- Supervise and train permanent and contingent staff and interns and oversee the daily tasks they are assigned.
- Maintain an open and ongoing channel of communication with the Director to keep he/she apprised of processing activities, including through formal written reports.
- Promote the Archives by planning exhibitions and presentations, fulfilling research requests, and engaging in other outreach programs to educate and inspire employees.
- Lead or assist the Director with special projects for Archives department.
- Contribute to strategic priorities by participating in planning, goal setting, and assessment.
- Graduate degree in Archives, Library and Information Science, Fashion History, or another relevant subject required.
- 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced corporate environment or cultural institution.
- Demonstrated experience applying current archival practices to accessioning, appraising, arranging, and describing archival collections of varying size and complexity, and containing diverse formats including visual materials.
- Experience with the identification, management, and cataloging of audiovisual material required.
- Experience in working with born-digital material preferred.
- Ability to work with colleagues and vendors to plan and oversee digitization projects.
- Effective supervisory and organizational leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative setting.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Proficiency in PC and MAC platforms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, scanning applications, and database systems.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as climbing step ladders and lifting and moving boxes weighing up to 40lbs.
- Ability to work in an environment that may contain allergens or irritants such as dust and perfume.
- Job: Communications / Public Relations
To apply, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com