Call for Submissions for Special Issue: Gender in Economic History in the Scandinavian Economic History Review
Call for Submissions for Special Issue
Gender in Economic History
Scandinavian Economic History Review
Deadline is October 15 2020
In this special issue, we invite new empirical and theoretical contributions in order to understand the status of gender perspectives within ongoing economic historical research in the Nordic region and elsewhere. What is the status of gender research and how are gender and intersectional theory used in the field – and with what results? Which new theoretical understandings have been introduced? Is research with a gender approach challenging or even changing the discipline of economic history? In addition, how do these perspectives contribute to the larger field of gender studies?
We welcome theoretical, methodological and empirical contributions to the Special Issue on Gender in Economic History. The special issue employs a broad understanding of the field and practice of economic history. For this reason, we encourage contributions from subdisciplines such as business history, social history, demographic history, the history of economic policy and thought, etc. Contributors from outside the discipline of economic history are also welcome to submit abstracts.
- Gender perspectives in relation to qualitative/quantitative methods
- Feminist theory and other critical theories in economic history
- Intersectional perspectives in economic history
- Gender in country-specific historiographies
- Feminist economics and economic history
- Challenges to the divisions of production/reproduction and paid/unpaid labour
- Cultural analysis of economic activities
- Gender and the knowledge economy
- Management education and recruitment from a gender perspective
For more information, click here.
Klara Arnberg, Senior Lecturer in Economic History, Stockholm University, Sweden (email@example.com)
Eirinn Larsen, Professor of History, University of Oslo, Norway (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ann-Catrin Östman, Senior Lecturer in Nordic History, Åbo Akademi, Finland (email@example.com)