Associate Archivist at The Coca-Cola Company archives
Location: Atlanta, GA - US
The Coca-Cola Company archives is the sole repository of the Company and supports global associates and teams as well as external stakeholders with historical research, materials, and experiences. The Associate Archivist will work on processing a variety of collections of memorabilia and records maintained by the Archives department. This will include organizing, arranging and describing, appraising and preserving materials including packaging, paper and booklet collections, marketing and advertising, print, photography, memorabilia, and moving images.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Arrange, describe, and process collections in accordance with established archival practices
- Support research inquiries from global associates and external requests by providing hands-on research assistance, answering reference questions, and providing access to materials
- Assist with designs, preparations, and shipments of temporary and permanent exhibitions and maintain ongoing exhibition files, records, and materials
- Conduct historical immersions of Archives space and provide presentations to stakeholders to deepen Company relationships and educate partners
- Produce regular reports on progress and scheduled implementation on all projects to team members and management
- BA degree required in Archival Science, Library Science, History or a related field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an archives position
- Master Degree Preferred: Either a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or a related field
Related Work Experience:
- Experience in Corporate Archives
- Familiarity or experience in exhibit design
- Working knowledge of professional standards and best practices for archives, including the physical handling of a variety of materials
- Familiarity with cataloging and digitizing photography, video, museum, and paper materials as well as processing born-digital assets
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-starter with effective problem-solving, project and time management skills, and eye for detail and organization
- Manage multiple inter-related projects simultaneously while maintaining all project deadlines
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.